Here at The Soap Cabin, we care about the environment and try to re-use and recycle where we can. As well as using recycled labels, boxes and shredded paper, we also hang on to any packaging we get through deliveries of supplies, such as cardboard boxes and jiffy bags, and use this again for packaging up orders to send out to customers. I recently bought a portable tap dance practice board for home (my main hobby!) and the box contained SO MUCH bubble wrap, so I have kept all of it to use for sending out orders! It saves us buying bubble wrap (not sure I have ever had to buy any), and it also stops it going straight in the bin.
I was thinking about our body butter tins recently. Once you’ve finished with it, what do you do with it? Well, why not wash it out and re-purpose it?
- Refill it with another product
- Use it for storing jewellery, buttons, pins, stationery
- Use it to store sweeties
- Make a candle and set it in the tin
- Turn it into a gift for someone else
- (Or, we are happy to take back your empties if you are coming to one of our craft markets)